Contempt Motions in Bellevue

Get Professional Legal Guidance From Our Bellevue Contempt Of Court Lawyers

financial issueAre you dealing with an ex-spouse who refuses to pay court-ordered alimony or child support in the state of Washington? If so, then you undoubtedly understand the financial burden that this type of irresponsible behavior can cause.

Washington State law allows you to take legal action against someone that defaults on support by filing a contempt of court motion. The Bellevue contempt motion attorneys at the Law Office of Jason S. Newcombe can help you take steps toward resolving this burdensome situation. With over 30 years of collective experience in Washington, our Bellevue contempt lawyers can help you file a motion in court designed to help get you the support you're entitled to, according to the law. Children of parents that refuse to follow a support order are often adversely affected by their behavior, but our Bellevue contempt motion attorneys can help you take steps to defend their legal rights.

When your divorce is finalized, you're want to move forward with your life without any more unnecessary aggravation. If problems arise because your ex-spouse refuses to pay court-ordered support, our Bellevue divorce enforcement attorneys will file a motion intended to quickly solve this problem.

Our Contempt Lawyers In Bellevue Will File A Motion With The Washington State Court

If an ex-spouse refuses to honor a court order issued by a Washington judge, it is called contempt of court. If they fail to render court-ordered support or neglect their child visitation responsibilities, our Bellevue divorce lawyers can step in and file a motion in court intended to rectify their behavior.

There are sometimes honest reasons why someone may fall behind on support responsibilities, but if the problem becomes routine our Bellevue contempt motion attorneys can petition the court for assistance.

Punishments for a contempt of court conviction should not be underestimated, and often result in fines and jail time. The court may also incur other fees against the negligent party, such as your Bellevue divorce lawyer's expenses, and court costs.

Failure to pay child support is the most common form of contempt of court. If your ex-spouse refuses to pay child support, you should talk to one of our Bellevue divorce enforcement attorneys immediately to ensure your child's financial needs are being met. It's important to keep accurate records of your ex-spouse’s support payments, or lack thereof, so that our Bellevue contempt motion attorneys can use this information to act swiftly and decisively.

Our Bellevue Contempt Of Court Lawyers Offer A Free Consultation

The irresponsible actions of an ex-spouse shouldn't cause you or your children to suffer financial difficulty. Talk to one of our Bellevue divorce enforcement attorneys today and find out whether filing a motion in family law court is possible. Our free consultation offer allows you to get answers specific to your Bellevue contempt case confidentially, and without any risk.

Reach out to one of our Bellevue divorce lawyers today and find out if a court motion is the best way to protect your financial future.

Client Reviews
Great service and follow up. Its a scary thing when you need a lawyer but Jason and his team make it less so. Very happy with our outcome. Scott Thibeault
"I can't say enough great things about Jason Newcombe Law Office. I am retired military and I highly recommend Jason Newcombe Law Office. I reached out to Jason's office after sitting for hours reviewing multiple Domestic Violence Law Offices in King County. He responded before that day was over. I spoke with Jason's both in-person and by phone; felt very comfortable with his years of experience and straight talk. He took on my case, took me through the process with sound advice. The Attorney Erin Lane who accompanied me with my court appearances; can't praise and thank her enough for her time, selflessness and educational information prior to each court appearance. She made a really daunting task for me less fearful, given such grim circumstances. I am forever grateful for Jason and the Team of Attorneys." Tommy Harville
"I cannot thank Mr. Newcombe and his staff enough. They are awesome. When I first contacted his offices, I didn't know what to do. I was overwhelmed and confused. He did an amazing job, I highly recommend him! I had two cases, and he got both of them dismissed. If you are in trouble, do yourself a favor, give him a call. " David
"I had Mr. Newcombe's firm handle my ticket and I greatly appreciate their assistance. It was handle easily and with good communication from the associates. If you need assistance with some legal matters then I would refer you to them. " Marvin
"Jason Newcombe and his Associate's are all top notch individuals who will fight tooth and nail for you and go the distance to ensure that you receive the best outcome possible on your case. I would not be where I am today if not for the Law offices of Jason Newcombe. " Eric Brandt