Misdemeanor Crimes in Kirkland
It's all too common for people to underestimate the severity of a misdemeanor criminal charge. If you're convicted of a crime like trespassing, public intoxication, petty theft, or assault, your life could be dramatically affected, and you could even end up in jail. The Kirkland misdemeanor attorneys at the Law Office of Jason S. Newcombe are ready to offer you legal guidance, no matter what misdemeanor crime you've been charged with.
Some other common misdemeanor offenses in Kirkland include:
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence)
- Indecent Exposure
- Domestic Violence
A conviction for a misdemeanor crime often incurs penalties that include fines, probation, and court-mandated community service. It also results in the acquisition of a criminal record, and could even make it difficult to find work, obtain a loan, or find a place to live.
Young adults charged with drug or alcohol-related misdemeanors will likely face unique challenges in life if they're convicted of a misdemeanor. In cases involving youthful indiscretion, our Kirkland misdemeanor lawyers aggressively fight to prevent the accused from acquiring a criminal record, and the terrible repercussions it can cause. If resolving your case is important to you, contact our Kirkland law office without delay.Our Kirkland Misdemeanor Criminal Lawyers Can Explain Your Charges
Contact our law office and a qualified Kirkland misdemeanor attorney will help you better understand the penalties that a conviction will incur. For example, a DUI conviction often includes a driver's license suspension, jail time, and fines. Sometimes, additional discretionary penalties may be imposed by a judge.
Our Kirkland misdemeanor lawyers will thoroughly investigate your case to see if your charges can be dismissed. If not, your lawyer will fight to mitigate penalties associated with the crime by pursuing a plea agreement with the prosecutor. They may even take your Kirkland misdemeanor case all the way to court.
Please review this information about some of the more common misdemeanor crimes our attorneys encounter in Kirkland.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) - Misdemeanor drunk driving crimes include minor DUI, physical control violations, street racing, and driving under the influence. If you've been arrested for a DUI, our Kirkland misdemeanor criminal attorneys are ready to put decades of combined experience to work for you. We will everything the law allows to keep you out of jail and validly licensed to drive. However, there are never any guarantees in these often complicated cases, so don't hesitate to contact our law office today.
- Domestic Violence - Less serious cases of domestic violence are legally classified as gross misdemeanors. On occasion, innocent people are accused of domestic violence. If this applies to you, our Kirkland misdemeanor criminal lawyers will protect your legal rights.
- Drug Crimes - If you're arrested for possessing even a small amount of drugs, you can be charged with a misdemeanor crime. A drug crime conviction can incur serious penalties and cause irreparable damage to your reputation. Our Kirkland misdemeanor lawyers will aggressively fight to minimize the repercussions of a misdemeanor drug crime conviction.
- Theft Crimes - Shoplifting - Shoplifting is taken seriously in Washington State, even if the value of the stolen merchandise seems insignificant. Persons charged with retail theft are often prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, so you should do everything you can to minimize your punishments. Our Kirkland misdemeanor lawyers can help.
You can talk to one of our experienced Kirkland lawyers today without any cost or obligation. Schedule your own free consultation with a professional attorney, and make sure your legal rights are protected.