Redmond Criminal Defense Lawyers
When dealing with a criminal charge in Washington State, you should approach the situation with the utmost urgency. If you're convicted of a crime, you face severe repercussions that could dramatically affect your life and the lives of everyone in your family. Washington State's criminal laws are sometimes difficult to understand, and each crime's severity can make it difficult to know just what kind of punishments you're facing, especially if multiple charges are involved.
A conviction for most crimes leads to a combination of jail or prison time, expensive fines, probation, the loss of your driver's license, no contact orders, and a permanent criminal record that can haunt you for many years. Being arrested is embarrassing, and incarceration can damage your reputation, bring pain to your family, and significantly alter your life-path.
If you've been arrested for a crime in Washington State, the Redmond criminal defense lawyers at the Law Office of Jason S. Newcombe are ready to help. Meeting this challenge and defending yourself requires hard work, dedication, and reliable legal guidance. Remember, you have civil rights afforded by the law that must be defended.
Whether you're innocent or willing to admit your fault, taking the first step is often the most difficult thing to do. Our Redmond criminal attorneys urge you to retain professional legal representation, especially if you have prior convictions or are facing serious criminal charges. You're are at a crossroads in your life, but trustworthy legal counsel will help you choose a path with the best chance of resolving your case favorably.
Some people think that once they explain their side of the story to a judge, their criminal case will be dismissed. The Washington State criminal justice system does not work this way. The only way to guarantee that your voice is heard is with help from experienced Redmond criminal lawyers who will act as your personal advocate when addressing the court's demands.
Some people believe that offering a guilty plea will resolve their case faster, but this could backfire in countless ways, not the least of which would be spending a long time behind bars. Before speaking with the police or a prosecutor, you need reliable legal counsel, because anything you say could be used to against you in a court of law. Our Redmond litigators offer a free consultation to anyone in need of a Washington criminal defense lawyer, so contact us today and take that first step.Our Redmond Criminal Defense Attorneys Handle Felony And Misdemeanor Crimes In All Courts
Our Redmond criminal lawyers are familiar with the Washington State laws that govern felonies, misdemeanors, gross misdemeanors, and civil infractions. Criminal charges are often difficult to understand in detail, so please review the following information.
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence) - This is just one of many serious drunk driving crimes in Washington State, and also the most common. Convictions for this crime incur mandatory and discretionary penalties, like jail time, that could bring your life to a standstill. If you've been charged with a DUI in Washington State, your Redmond criminal defense lawyer will pursue a defense designed to keep you out of jail and validly licensed to drive, but much will depend on the details within the police reports.
- Physical Control Violation - This confusing drunk driving crime incurs punishments that are similar to that of a Redmond DUI, but you can be charged with this crime when not driving your car. Our Redmond criminal attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case in an effort to have your charges dropped or reduced in some way.
- Minor DUI - A minor DUI is serious. It's charged to drivers under 21 whose BAC is .02 or higher, and a conviction incurs a criminal record that could derail a young person's life. Our Redmond criminal lawyers aggressively defend clients charged with minor DUI, because we know how damaging a conviction can be in the long-term.
- Assault - This is a very serious crime in Washington State, with four different degrees that identify its severity. You could face a lifetime prison sentence if convicted, so contact an attorney and find out all of the details.
- Theft and Shoplifting - These crimes cover broad spectrum of offenses, and are often prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Retail theft, embezzlement, and fraud are just a few examples. Penalties for theft and shoplifting are swift and severe, so speak with one of our Redmond criminal attorneys without delay so that we can protect your legal rights.
- Drug Crimes - Drug charges are always serious regardless of whether your arrest is for possession, intent to distribute, trafficking, or possession of paraphernalia. A conviction can cause you significant heartache, especially if you have prior criminal convictions for drug crimes on your record.
- Domestic Violence - This is one of the most common crimes in Redmond, but accusations of domestic violence are sometimes fabricated. Don't take any chances if you've been charged with this crime, and contact a Redmond criminal defense attorney right away.
- Sex Crimes - A sex crime accusation can ruin the reputation of the accused and cause tremendous hardship on their family. A sex crime conviction can destroy a life, and lead to a lifetime of repercussions. Sex crimes in Washington State include statutory rape, molestation, solicitation of a minor on the internet, and other serious offenses with devastating penalties.
- Juvenile Crimes - These crimes will cause a young person to obtain a criminal record, which can derail their life before it's even had a legitimate start. Our Redmond criminal lawyers believe that young people deserve a second chance after making a youthful mistake, which is why we do everything the law allows to minimize the damage of a conviction and prevent them from being tried as an adult.
If you're facing any criminal charge in Washington State, it's a serious matter and the outcome will likely affect you and your loved ones for many years. Most of our Redmond clients have never been accused of a crime, and are eager to put the ordeal behind them as quickly as they can.
Our Redmond criminal defense attorneys offer reliable legal counsel designed to help you make tough choices with the law as your foundation. We will take your case all the way to trial if necessary, but may also pursue a plea agreement if possible. If you're innocent of the charges against you, we will aggressively fight for justice on your behalf.Our Redmond Criminal Lawyers Are Ready To Help You Take The First Step
Our team of Redmond criminal attorneys have over 30 years of combined legal experience, and we are eager to earn your trust. We've handled numerous criminal cases in Washington State, so let us help you take the first step toward protecting your future and freedom. Your Redmond criminal defense attorney will protect your legal rights and act as your trusted advisor from start to finish.
If you've been charged a misdemeanor, gross misdemeanor, felony, or infraction, contact a Redmond criminal defense lawyer from our law firm and enjoy the many benefits of professional legal representation.