Kent Criminal Defense Lawyers
Being charged with a crime in Washington should be treated with the utmost urgency and seriousness. If convicted, you're facing repercussions that could dramatically affect your life in numerous ways. Washington State's criminal laws are complicated and sometimes hard to understand, and the severity of various crimes can make it hard to know just what kind of punishments you're facing.
You could be facing jail or prison time, expensive fines, probation, the loss of your driver's license, no contact orders, and a permanent criminal record that can make it hard to function in your daily life. Being arrested or incarcerated for any crime is an embarrassing event that can damage your reputation, bring pain to your family, and alter your life-path.
If you're currently facing any criminal charges in Washington State, the qualified Kent criminal defense lawyers at the Law Office of Jason S. Newcombe can help. Meeting this challenge head-on requires hard work, dedication, and professional legal guidance. Above all else, you have legal rights that must be protected.
Whether you're innocent of the charges against you, or willing to admit your fault in an plea for leniency from the court, taking the first step is often the hardest thing to do. Our Kent criminal attorneys urge you to seek professional legal representation without delay, especially if you’re charged with a serious crime or have prior convictions. You're facing some of the most important decisions you'll ever have to make, but trustworthy legal counsel will make this process far easier to handle.
Some people who maintain their innocence mistakenly believe that once they explain the situation to a judge, their case will be dismissed. The criminal justice system doesn't work this way, so the only way to guarantee that you have the opportunity to tell your side of the story is with help from experienced Kent criminal lawyers who will act as your advocate with the court.
Others believe that a willingness to enter a guilty plea will resolve the case quicker, but this could backfire in countless ways. Before speaking with the authorities it is vital that you have a reliable legal representative, because anything you say could be used to prosecute you. Our Kent lawyers offer a free consultation in any criminal defense situation, so contact us today and take that first step.Our Kent Criminal Defense Attorneys Handle Both Felony And Misdemeanor Crimes
Our Kent criminal lawyers are familiar with the laws that govern felonies, misdemeanors, and infractions. Criminal charges differ from case to case and depending on the severity of the crime, so please review the following information.
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence) - This is one of many serious drunk driving crimes in Washington State. A conviction will incur mandatory and discretionary penalties that could damage your finances and land you in jail. If you've been charged with a DUI, our Kent criminal defense lawyers will aggressively pursue a defense designed to keep you out of jail and licensed to drive, but much will depend on the details of your arrest and the police reports.
- Physical Control Violation - drunk driving crime incurs punishments that are almost identical to that of a Kent DUI, but you can be charged with this crime even if you weren't driving your car when apprehended. Our Kent criminal attorneys can help you work out potential defense strategies by thoroughly investigating your case.
- Minor DUI - A minor DUI is charged to drivers under 21 whose BAC is .02 or higher. A minor DUI conviction incurs a criminal record that could derail a young person's life at an early age. Our Kent criminal lawyers aggressively defend minor DUI clients, in an effort to prevent them from acquiring a criminal record.
- Assault - This is a serious crime in Kent, with four different degrees that identify the severity of the offense. You could face jail time or even a lifetime prison sentence if convicted, so contact an attorney and get the facts.
- Theft and Shoplifting - These crimes are often prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and include a variety of crimes like retail theft, embezzlement, and fraud. Penalties for these crimes are often severe, so you should speak with one of our Kent criminal attorneys without delay if you've been charged with shoplifting or theft.
- Drug Crimes - Drug charges can be for possession, intent to distribute, trafficking, and possession of paraphernalia. A conviction can be detrimental, especially if you have priors on your record.
- Domestic Violence - These are all-too-common crimes where accusations are sometimes fabricated, so it's vital to find a Kent criminal defense attorney who will protect your legal rights.
- Sex Crimes - A sex crime accusation can destroy a family and ruin the reputation of the accused. A conviction can destroy your life. Sex crimes can include statutory rape, molestation, solicitation of a minor on the internet, and other serious offenses.
- Juvenile Crimes - These crimes cause a child to obtain a criminal record, which can derail their life by making it hard to find a job or a place to live. Our Kent criminal lawyers believe that a young person should get a second chance after making a youthful mistake, which is why we pursue measures to minimize the damage a conviction can cause.
If you're facing a criminal charge in Washington State, the outcome will likely affect you and your loved ones for many years to come. Most of our Kent clients in need of representation for a criminal offense have never been accused of a crime, and are eager to put the ordeal behind them and move on with their life.
Our Kent criminal defense attorneys don't view you as a criminal. Our job is to offer you reliable and trustworthy legal counsel designed to help you make tough choices, based on the law. Our Kent criminal defense lawyers will take your case all the way to trial if necessary, but we may also pursue a plea agreement, or aggressively defend your freedom if you're innocent of the charges.Our Kent Criminal Lawyers Are Ready To Help You Take The Next Step
Our team of Kent criminal attorneys have over thirty years of combined legal experience. We've handled countless criminal cases for Ken residents in need of legal assistance, so let us help you take the first step toward protecting your freedom. We are experienced Kent criminal defense attorneys who will protect your legal rights and act as your trusted advisor throughout this process.
If you've been charged a misdemeanor, felony crime, or infraction, contact one of our Kent criminal defense lawyers and enjoy the benefits of professional legal representation.