Kirkland Criminal Defense Attorneys
Being charged with a crime here in the State of Washington should be treated with the utmost seriousness and urgency. If you are convicted, you will be facing repercussions that could dramatically affect your life in numerous ways. Criminal Laws in Washington State are complex. They can be hard to understand, and the severity of the various crimes makes it difficult to know just what kind of punishments you are facing.
These punishments could be jail or prison time, no contact orders, probation, expensive fines, the loss of your driver's license, and a permanent criminal record. This record can make it hard to function in your daily life. Finding yourself arrested or incarcerated for any crime is embarrassing, and can bring pain to your family, damage your reputation, and alter your life path.
If you are presently facing a criminal charge in Washington State, the experienced Kirkland criminal defense lawyers at the Law Office of Jason S. Newcombe can help. It requires hard work, dedication, and professional legal guidance to meet this challenge head on. Above everything, you have legal rights that you must insure are protected.
Whether you are innocent of the charges you’re facing, or you are willing to admit your fault in a plea for leniency, taking the first step is often the hardest thing to do. Our Kirkland criminal attorneys urge you to obtain professional legal representation with no delay, particularly if you’re charged with a serious crime or have prior convictions. You may be facing some of the most significant decisions you will ever have to make, but trustworthy legal counsel will make this process easier to handle.
Some people mistakenly think their case will be dismissed once they explain the situation to the judge. Unfortunately, the criminal justice system does not work like this, so the only way to guarantee you’ll be able to tell your side of the story is with help from our experienced Kirkland criminal lawyers who will act as your advocate with the court.
Others may believe that a willingness to enter a guilty plea will resolve their case much quicker, but this could backfire in numerous ways. Before you speak with any authorities it is vital that you have reliable legal representative, because anything you say could be used against you. In any criminal defense situation, our Kirkland lawyers offer a free consultation. Contact us today and take that first step.Our Kirkland Criminal Defense Attorneys Handle Both Misdemeanor And Felony Crimes
Our Kirkland criminal lawyers are very familiar with all the laws that govern misdemeanors, felonies, and infractions. Criminal charges can differ from case to case depending on the severity of the crime, so please review the following information.
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence) - This is a serious drunk driving crime here in Washington State. A conviction of a DUI will incur discretionary and mandatory penalties that could damage your finances and land you in jail. If you find yourself charged with a DUI, our Kirkland criminal defense lawyers will aggressively pursue a defense designed to keep you out of jail and licensed to drive, depending on the details of your arrest and the police report.
- Physical Control Violation - Physical control violations incur punishments that are nearly identical to that of a Kirkland DUI, but you can be charged with this crime even if you were not driving your car. Our Kirkland criminal attorneys can help you figure out possible defense strategies by thoroughly investigating your case.
- Minor DUI - A minor DUI is a DUI charged to drivers under 21 years of age, whose BAC is .02 or higher. A conviction for this serious offense incurs a criminal record that may derail a young person's life at an early age. Our Kirkland criminal lawyers will aggressively defend minor DUI clients, in an effort to keep them from obtaining a criminal record.
- Assault - This is a very severe crime in Kirkland, with four different degrees that identify the gravity of the offense. You could find yourself facing jail time or potentially even a lifetime prison sentence if you are convicted, so contact an attorney and get the facts.
- Theft and Shoplifting - These crimes include a variety of offences such as retail theft, embezzlement, and fraud, and they are often prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sentences for these crimes are often very severe, so you should speak with one of our qualified Kirkland criminal attorneys without delay if you find yourself charged with shoplifting or theft.
- Drug Crimes - Drug charges can be for possession of paraphernalia, intent to distribute, possession of drugs, and trafficking. A conviction for a drug crime can be detrimental, particularly if you have priors on your record.
- Domestic Violence - These are all too common crimes where the accusations are sometimes made-up, so it is important to find a Kirkland criminal defense attorney who will protect your legal rights.
- Sex Crimes - A sex crime allegation can destroy your family and ruin your reputation. A sex crime conviction can destroy your life. Sex crimes may include solicitation of a minor on the Internet, statutory rape, molestation, as well as other serious offenses.
- Juvenile Crimes - These crimes cause a child to acquire a criminal record. This can derail their life, making it hard to find a job or a place to live. Our capable Kirkland criminal lawyers believe that a young person should be able to get a second chance after a youthful mistake, which is why we take measures to minimize the damage this conviction can cause.
- White Collar Crimes - These cases are unique because they directly affect professionals accused of serious crimes that could derail their career, their livelihood, and incur some serious time behind bars. A number of different Kirkland crimes can be categorized as "white collar," and some of the most common include mail fraud, insurance fraud, tax fraud, internet fraud, and wire fraud. If you are accused of a Kirkland white collar crime, it's important to take steps to protect your freedom and professional reputation.
The outcome of a criminal charge you are facing in Washington State will likely affect you and your loved ones for many years to come. Most of our Kirkland clients that need representation for criminal offenses have never been accused of a crime before, and are very eager to put the whole ordeal behind them and move on with their life.
Our Kirkland criminal defense attorneys view you as a person, not a criminal. Our job is to offer you dependable and trustworthy legal counsel to help you make the tough choices that could have a huge impact on your life. Depending on your situation and the details of your alleged crime, our Kirkland criminal defense lawyers may take your case all the way to trial, pursue a plea agreement, or aggressively defend your freedom, if you are innocent of the charges.Our Kirkland Criminal Lawyers Are Prepared To Help You Take The Next Step
Our professional team of Kirkland criminal attorneys has over thirty years of combined legal experience. We have handled numerous criminal cases for Kirkland residents in need of legal assistance, so let us help you take your first step toward the protection of your freedom. We are very knowledgeable and proficient Kirkland criminal defense attorneys who want to protect your legal rights and act as your trusted advisor throughout the process.
If you have been charged with an infraction, misdemeanor, or felony crime, please contact one of our Kirkland criminal defense lawyers and enjoy the benefits of professional legal representation. If you are worried about the cost of our legal fees, please note that our Kirkland lawyers offer convenient payment plans that acknowledge individual budgetary limits. This means that you don't have to sacrifice the quality of your legal representation and can fully enjoy the benefits of working with a fully qualified Washington State litigator.
Taking the next step is never easy because being charged with any crime in Kirkland can leave you feeling bewildered, and full of anxiety when you think about the possibility of prison time, losing your job, or even the breakup of your family. However, now is not the time to let your emotions get the better of you.
Our compassionate approach to legal representation means that you can trust your Kirkland lawyer implicitly. As you navigate the complex legal waters of the Washington State justice system, you may feel overwhelmed, as though you are just a tiny cog in some uncontrollable machine. We are here to help you overcome these emotions so that you can face your criminal charges responsibly and give yourself the best chance at successfully resolving your case.
If you're ready to take the next step, contact a Kirkland criminal attorney today and let us show you a path toward a better future.