Felony Crimes in Bellevue
Washington law outlines all of the various crimes that can incur a felony charge. These felonies are broken down into three classifications according to their severity. Please note that any Bellevue felony charge should be treated with the utmost seriousness because the repercussions of a conviction will be swift and severe. Protecting your legal rights is paramount, so it makes sense to work with an experienced team of Bellevue felony lawyers who will ensure you are treated fairly by the prosecutor and court.
In Bellevue, the punishments you face after a felony conviction will be influenced by a variety of factors that may include:
- Your prior convictions
- Recommendations made by the prosecutor
- The judge's final decision
Your case's outcome will likely depend on the effectiveness of your defense strategy, which is why you should work with qualified Bellevue felony attorneys that can be trusted to help guide you through this difficult time in your life.The Three Classes of Felonies
The most serious types of crimes are designated as felonies. These are crimes with a maximum penalty over a year in prison. Felonies are broken down into three different classes – A, B, and C.
- A Class C felony is the lowest felony. The maximum penalty is 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. Examples of class C felonies include malicious mischief second degree, Theft second degree, malicious harassment, assault third degree, and rape third degree.
- A step above is a Class B felony which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine. Examples include assault second degree, theft first degree, theft of a motor vehicle, malicious mischief first degree, and manslaughter second degree.
- Finally, the most serious felony is Class A, which can be punished by up to life in prison and a $50,000 fine. Examples of Class A felonies include murder, manslaughter first degree, assault first degree, and assault second degree with sexual motivation.
A felony conviction will affect your life in countless ways, and mandatory penalties could cost you your freedom. Even your family could suffer as you face prison time or lose your ability to work. With so much at stake, you should contact the Bellevue felony criminal lawyers at the Law Office of Jason S. Newcombe and make sure that you're getting professional legal counsel.Our Bellevue Felony Attorneys Will Explain How The Law Applies To Your Case
Building a determined defense begins by fully understanding the nature of your felony charges. Our Bellevue felony lawyers will help you define how pertinent Washington laws apply to your case, and then outline the punishments that a conviction may incur.
ln order to better understand how your case may be resolved, our Bellevue felony criminal attorneys will discuss possible plea scenarios and what may happen if your case ends up going to trial. No two felony cases are ever the same, but our Bellevue felony criminal lawyers have more than 30 years of collective experience, so we often have an idea of what to expect. We can also help you develop a defense designed to minimize your punishments in whatever way the law allows.
Our comprehensive experience has familiarized our Bellevue felony attorneys with the prosecutors and courts that try felony cases. Our main priority is to ensure your legal rights are protected every step of the way, while ensuring that you get a chance to have your voice heard.Speak Directly With One Of Our Bellevue Felony Lawyers Via A Free Consultation
Contact our Bellevue law office for a free consultation, and start getting some reliable answers concerning the law. We can help you make informed decisions regarding your felony charges, in an effort to resolve your case in the most favorable way possible. If you retain one of our experienced Bellevue attorneys, they will aggressively pursue your legal interests and provide you with trustworthy legal counsel as you confront your felony charge.