Seattle Criminal Defense Attorneys
Being accused of a crime will have both immediate, and lasting, repercussions. While there are varying degrees of crimes, and punishments that go along with them, all should be taken seriously. Convictions can lead to expensive fines, jail time, probation, loss of one’s driver’s license, no contact orders, and far more. Then there is the emotional strain of dealing with a criminal accusation due to damage to one’s reputation, job, and family life.
One fact prevails throughout virtually every criminal case: It makes sense to talk to qualified and experienced Seattle criminal defense lawyers that understand the law and how it applies to your particular circumstances.
Whether you admit your guilt, or you believe the charges against you are false, taking the first step toward resolving your case can be the most difficult. Still, contacting professional Seattle criminal attorneys as soon as possible to help guide you through the process is arguably one of the most important actions you will ever have to take.
Even if you think your innocence is obvious, you will not be able to appear before a judge and simply explain your situation with expectations that he will dismiss the case based on your word. The court system is not designed in this way, so the only way to ensure your side of the story gets told is with help from one of our Seattle criminal lawyers.
Even if you feel like there is no reason to challenge the charges against you, giving up is not in your best interests. Before taking any action, talk to one of our Seattle criminal attorneys without cost or obligation and find out what the repercussions will be when you ultimately make a decision. It’s highly probable that they will provide you with valuable information that you were previously unaware of.Our Seattle Criminal Defense Attorneys Handle Almost All Misdemeanor and Felony Cases
There are very few criminal situations that our team of Seattle criminal lawyers won’t tackle. While criminal charges can be quite varied from person to person, the following is a rundown of common criminal offenses...
- DUI – Driving Under the influence in Seattle is a serious crime that can have a devastating effect on your life, your livelihood, and your family life. If you’ve been charged with a DUI, our Seattle criminal defense lawyers will aggressively defend your rights, and do everything legally possible to keep you out of jail and legally licensed to drive.
- Physical Control – This is a DUI-related crime that often causes a great deal of confusion to the accused because charges can be levied even if you weren’t behind the wheel. One of our Seattle criminal attorneys can explain these charges in detail.
- Minor DUI – While the penalties for a minor DUI in Seattle aren’t as severe as a regular DUI, the implications of a conviction are sobering. Our Seattle criminal lawyers will actively pursue preventing these charges from haunting a young person for many years to come.
- Assault – There are different degrees of assault but all are serious offenses, and could lead to a lengthy jail sentence.
- Theft and Shoplifting – Embezzlement, fraud, and retail theft are just some of the offenses that fall under this category. In these cases it pays to talk to one of our Seattle criminal attorneys as soon as you possibly can, so that they can protect your interests.
- Drug Crimes – These include everything from possession of a small amount of a controlled substance to more serious charges like intent to distribute and drug trafficking. The seriousness of these cases cannot be overstated.
- Domestic Violence – Domestic violence charges can be complicated. One of our Seattle criminal defense attorneys can help you better understand the severity of the specific charges you face.
- Sex Crimes – These cases can have a destructive affect on a person’s family life, and ruin an otherwise stellar reputation. There are also serious consequences to a conviction, so it makes sense to get help from our Seattle criminal defense lawyers if you’ve been charged with a sex crime.
- Juvenile Crimes – Getting started in life is hard enough without a criminal record haunting every action you take in the future. Our Seattle criminal lawyers understand that sometimes children make mistakes, so they go out of their way to ensure that their rights are being protected as minors.
One of the most difficult aspects of dealing with criminal charges is facing an uncertain future. The majority of people have never been charged with a crime and are surprised to discover that the judicial system is often a large uncaring machine, and that they are being chewed up and spit out by the unrelenting gears.
While some Seattle criminal defense attorneys may simply tell you what you want to hear, we will always tell you what you NEED to hear, whether it’s good news or bad news. When you have questions or concerns we will answer them quickly using whatever means of communication works best for you.
Most importantly, our Seattle criminal defense lawyers will match their efforts to your goals, whether you want your case to go to trial or not. Whatever the outcome, we will ensure that you are fully informed about your options and their consequences, so that you can make an educated and intelligent decision.Experienced Seattle Criminal Lawyers are Ready to Help You Take the First Step toward Resolution
Why choose representation from our team of Seattle criminal attorneys? The Law Office of Jason S. Newcombe boasts over three decades of experience defending hard-working people from criminal charges in the Seattle area. We are a team of dedicated Seattle criminal defense attorneys that will fight for your rights and be at your side throughout every step of this difficult time in your life.
If you’ve been charged with a crime, now is the time to act and contact one of our Seattle criminal defense lawyers. You need someone with experience that you can trust to meet all of the important deadlines and time-sensitive issues that will need to be addressed with the court. Failure to do so will likely exacerbate your problems, and there is little a criminal attorney can do if you contact them too late.
We offer a free case evaluation, so that you can start getting some honest answers today that are based on the law. Taking the first step is often the most difficult, but when you begin to fully understand the criminal charges you’re facing, you will find that the path toward resolution starts to take shape.
Contact us today and find out what our team of experienced Seattle legal professionals can do on your behalf.